Saturday, February 19, 2011

February 19, 2011


Cute Cousins
       Yesterday we laid Uncle Ted to rest.  I've never taken a camera to a funeral before, but I realized sometimes the only times you see all your extended families is at a wedding or a funeral.  Luckily, my cousin took some pictures of the girls with their pretty Christmas coats on.  I find it somewhat ironic that he splurged on these beautiful coats for the three girls this Christmas and not even two months later they are wearing them for their Uncle's funeral.  You see, if there was one thing my Nana really appreciated--it was her grand daughters all dolled up and looking pretty. . .more recently, Uncle Ted would bring up stories of me and my pink jacket and my curls in my pig tails.  Today, in both their honors, the cousins were dolled up and together playing and bringing such life to the stage they were running around on as we had our final farewell party for Uncle Ted. 
       As always, it's hard to get a great picture when all are movers now--Anjalene did her best to corral the girls and this was my favorite...a happy memory on a sad day.

1 comment:

  1. A very special and memorable photo on a difficult day... I remember seeing photos of my sister and I at funerals too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!