Sunday, February 20, 2011

February 21, 2011

Happy Birthday, Little Brother

       Little Brother, your arrival in my life was such a blessing!  From our McDonalds trips on our way home from pre-school, to helping in your kindergarten class, to spending morning drives to and from Dalton Elementary (remember the one time you got sick and I cut across three lanes on the freeway safely, thank God!  Or how about when I hit the truck and we arrived with my side mirror barely hanging on my brand new car?) Then drop offs at Foothill, where I would see my future husband standing at the back gate--who knew? However, my favorite?  Being your freshman English teacher.  That was fun. Remember when you got detention for chewing gum?  Or how you would never call me by a name?  I cherish most our 24 marathons.  Those were some fun New Years!
       You have been the best little brother I could ever hope for.  I admire your kindness and sensitivity and I love how great you are with the kids.  I'm so proud of the man you have become.  Most recently, I'm proud of your accomplishments in college--Mr. Graduate. As your older sister,  I'd be remiss if I did not strongly encourage you to now, "Get a job!"  Just kidding, birthday boy.  Hope you had a great day. I love you!!

1 comment:

  1. Your the best sister ever :) Love you and Ernie both! Thanks for the party!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!