Tuesday, February 22, 2011

February 22, 2011


Guitar Time With Grandpa
       I love hanging out at my parent's house when Grandpa is in the mood to play the guitar. The baby is especially fond of it these days.  Maybe one of my children will have the desire to play the piano or guitar in their future.  I sure hope so because I love the sound of music.  I especially love the sound of my dad's voice singing songs that I've grown up with.  I love when my mom joins in or I do too and the house is full of song.  I have some good memories of when my dad recorded and the songs he would strum.  We sang at my little brother's baptism and at my Nana's funeral. . .My dad sang my song especially for me on my wedding day and it was a dream come true.  It was better than I could have dreamed--and I cried my eyes out.  I can't even watch that part of my wedding video without tearing up but I know it's a gift--something I will always have and be able to share with my own daughters...their grandpa singing their mama's song.  How sweet is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!