Wednesday, February 23, 2011

February 23, 2011

Pet Participation Required

Imagination Creation
Spinning Mini-Hoola Hoops
        This is my sweet, sensitive, silly  middle child.  Lately he has had some moments of, "I love his sisters more."  The last couple of weeks have been difficult and my son with his gentle heart has been feeling "it" and he expresses himself through his tears, having difficulty finding the right words to communicate exactly what it is he is feeling.  This little guy reminds me so much of myself when it comes to his easy-going nature and his compassion and loyalty. . .but I've never been a middle child and I think there is something to this whole birth order thing.  Carving out quality time with all three of them is difficult.  Being intentional about that time we spend together is not something I'm naturally good at.  I'm a planner.  I like things a certain way.  I'm by no means a perfectionist, but I need to stop cleaning the house and play legos a little more often, listen to his stories more attentively and find ways to connect. He wants me in all my imperfections...and I want to be who he needs me to be. 
    

1 comment:

  1. Love this. It's like you said everying I'm feeling with my 3.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!