Sunday, May 22, 2011

May 22, 2011

The two littles went with me to Kohl's where we purchased a couple home decor items to brighten up the living room.  I've been on this color frenzy lately.  You see, I am not good at decorating my home--I like my living room now thanks in large part to my brother's girlfriend who went to town on it one weekend and pulled it together for me. Before Bee, it was a hodge podge of modern, country, contemporary mess.  This afternoon while the baby napped, and the older kids were at their half-brother's sister's birthday party (did you get that?) I finished a book in the backyard, did a couple loads of laundry and spruced the place up a little. . .

Ignore the price tags--gotta make sure my husband likes the color before I make it official.
For just a couple dollars I was able to bring more color in and I was so inspired I even cleaned the windows while I was at it.  I'll let you in on a little housekeeping secret. . .in my almost fifteen years of living here, I think I've only cleaned windows one time before today.  Usually, I'm content with the job the rain does--or my husband.. .but today partly inspired by the 31 Days to Clean challenge I got to work.  I only did the living room and dining area windows, but hey--it's a start!

Not a bad way to spend some alone time--Not a bad way at all!!

Raising Homemakers

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pillows!!!! When I get back we have to do a Living Room and a Master Bedroom make over=) You better be ready!!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!