Monday, August 22, 2011

August 22, 2011

Since today the kids are back to school. . .
and I'm sure my morning will be rushed,
I decided to share my painting projects.
They were finished and placed in my son's bedroom just in the nick of time.
 This birch dresser used to belong to my Nana and Papa.
My Uncle Ted used it until he died back in February.
When we moved Papa out of his mobile home, I decided I'd like to spend a little time trying to make it pretty.
But then we decided Bubs needed the drawers--so it needed to be "boyified"
I know that isn't a real word, but it just sounds right here.
This earthy orange caught my eye...so much so in fact, I bought a whole gallon of it.
What the heck was I thinking?
A GALLON?
Yes, I barely made a dent in it...if anyone local needs some orange paint...just ask.
This piece was given to us by our comadre.
It is four drawers full of Legos and needed to be freshened up a bit.
I thought this blue was perfect.
I'll share some pictures of the room later this week.  
I like the pops of color.
I'm happy that the furniture has a history.
That in itself just makes me feel a little giddy with love for the people who had the pieces first.
I'm ecstatic clothes and legos have a home.
Great way to start off the schol year, I do declare!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!