Thursday, August 25, 2011

August 26, 2011

I've thoroughly enjoyed my alone time with Ness this week. 
We walked, played, cuddled, shopped, and napped on our five days alone.
The living room gets a bit out of sorts with her rearranging pillows and taking out her basket of toys.
But I tried to enjoy the moments.
I watched her as closely as she usually watches me.
I laughed louder and played with her when she let me.
I closed my book or computer when she would climb up on the couch to cuddle.
I tried to remember that not too far away in the distant future she will be in school too.
"The days are long but the years are short"--Gretchen Rubin
I think I'll carry that quote with me always--If I took one thing especially to heart in The Happiness Project  it is this.
I will really miss this little firecracker when I go back to my part time gig on Monday.

With the BIG kids away. . .
this LITTLE one does play!


OvercomingBusy.com

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!