Sunday, October 2, 2011

October 2, 2011

So one of these days when my mind is back on straight I will post house pictures.
Maybe in a week since the rest of our downstairs flooring will be in.
Maybe by then our bedroom will be cleaned.
Then again, I can't make any promises.

With Blog Sugar still on the brain, I decided to add some touches throughout the house to remind me of the beauty of that day.
When Sugar Mama emailed, asking about some pieces for the girls' room we found,
I thought I'd share where we are to date.
The girls' room
Brand new nightstand, lamp, and sugar all prettied up in a frame.
A little more framed sugar with the ribbon holder I made a few years back. Piggy Bank decorated by cousin's girlfriend.
Love the colors of this but wasn't sure if it would scare the girls.  It doesn't. She stays.
Baby's bed with no boxspring.  I fear she will fall.   

Framed sugar where we eat our meals.
Isn't she pretty here?  Goes perfectly in my bathroom because. . .well, just because.
I LOVE that I have pieces of Blog Sugar to remind me of that special day.

We still have a lot to do; things to hang; pictures to look through when Bianca returns from her Paris trip so we can choose which to print, frame, and incorporate into the landscape of their room.
I need to find vinyl letters to rub onto their headboards to set their beds apart and give it a little something extra.

For now, I will enjoy my reminders throughout the house how good my God is and be thankful that for now He has blessed me with these.

6 comments:

  1. :) This makes me smile. I need to get mine out and about around the house, too. Love that lamp of fuzz. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls room looks so cute!! I love it!! Pink makes me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love their room! So so so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. L O V E it all. i plan to frame my little prints, too! miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE what you did with some of your sugar!!!! Great idea Janene!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such adorable touches girly. Been thinking about you and praying all is well. So glad you had fun at Blog Sugar. Can you believe I really have no idea what that even is?? I think I've heard it around... I must be out of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!