Monday, November 14, 2011

November 15, 2011

Oh what a weekend we had! 
I can not remember the last time we were home together three days in a row with no outside commitments to tend to or nothing on the agenda except what we wanted to do.
That being said, it wasn't filled with relaxation--quite the opposite, in fact!
We shopped and finished up on the projects that have been lingering since late September when we had our floors put in.

Actually, I think we had some finishing touches since the last time we did a major re-haul years ago!
We moved some art from the living room to the bare walls of our bedroom.
I also framed out important dates picture that Mel from Larson Lingo made me.
The new rug warms up the floor and I love how it looks with the bedding!
Up next: hanging more pictures in the girls' room.
 One step closer to being done.
The bar is textured and painted: finished!

 The pictures above the couch were my latest clearance finds--mismatched and meaningful--
arranged creatively by the two of us working side by side.
Sigh.
Such a fun time, especially since neither of us feels like we know anything about interior design.
But I like it.
Thinking to paint my Longaberger basket. . .
anyone have any experience in that field?
Also, I need mismatched and meaningful pictures and frames spray painted to adorn the mantle.
I can't wait to start looking!
This sign is my favorite addition of the WHOLE weekend!.
It was supposed to be a ten year anniversary present for my husband.
Sasha, aka Lemonade Makin Mama created it for me.
She graciously offered to hold it for me until the anniversary approached in April,
but I couldn't wait, which meant neither could he. . .
so it is happily hanging on the wall as if it belonged there all along!
Finishing touches...finished!

15.  Today I am thankful for finished projects.
We are blessed!

1 comment:

  1. So cute!! I love how it turned out. PS Your bedspread is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!