Tuesday, February 15, 2011

February 15, 2011

Best Gift EVER!!!
 A hand-made valentine for Papa--special scriptures to help him through his grief.

Dinner Time:  Papa's favorite: enchiladas, rice, and beans.

Look who else showed up: Surprise (the good kind, of course).

Time to decorate dessert.

Followed up by a fashion show. Inspired by the picture below.

Watching a live stream of a show Aunt Bee was in today.  Anjalene was so excited when she saw her walking the run way.

       This year was a different type of Valentine's Day.  Usually, we are at my parent's house in a huge celebration with family, friends, foods, and a ton of prizes!  This year, Mom called it off for a couple of reasons--and good thing, because with all that has happened this week, it would not have been able to be pulled off.  I relied on memories of how my mom made Valentine's special for me when I was little.  I bought or made each person something small and handwrapped them with stickers and such. I made dinner, lit candles, and invited my Papa and Stella.
       Part way through our meal, Mom, Dad, Beau, and Aunt Cookie popped in.  It was nice to have everyone here for a little while and we had dessert:  cake and Stella's specialty jello and got to watch a fashion show that the kids put on. We looked at a couple of pictures we found of Uncle Ted and in general, had a nice time.  It felt good to talk and I only got teary-eyed once and I just loved having my Papa near.  I pray that he finds a place closer to us where he can create a new home and can be more a part of our daily lives.  I think he would love to be a part of the crazy chaos of our lives!! With five grand children and seven great grandchildren, there would never have to be a dull moment.  Valentine's day 2011, one for the memory books. . .now how do I only choose one picture for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!