Thursday, March 10, 2011

March 11, 2011

It's late.  I'm tired.  But I just had to write and post a few pictures from our "field trip" tonight.  Because these days nothing goes according to plan, I was mentally prepared when I hadn't gotten a call by 4:30 that my husband wasn't on his way home from work.  I try not to complain too much when this happens (although it has been a bit much lately) because last year at this time he was unemployed.  Three months we had together to bond with our baby...a blessing, really, but nonetheless stressful because it wasn't part of "my plan."  I'll save that story and what I learned from it for another day.


The plan that there was...was not with a husband still at work-- so I carried on.  That's what any good mother does, right?  The kids were all geared up to go to their first concert and what a concert it would be: http://therockandworshiproadshow.com/  The lineup included awesome Christian groups such as Mercy Me, Jars of Clay, Matt Maher, and The Afters...those are just the ones I was familiar with; however, I was impressed by Lecrae--I think I'll have the tune F-A-N-A-T-IC till I D-I-E stuck in my head for weeks to come and that's not a bad thing really.  


The concert was fantastic!  The musicians were great, what they said in between songs was inspiring, meaningful and from the heart.  The energy that emanated from the crowd was awe-inspiring.  It was sold-out--wall to wall worshipers who came together to glorify His name.  If ever there was a concert event for my kids to witness and be a part of: THIS WAS IT!  What an incredible line up--musicians who seek to minister through their music-- for their first time concert experience.  It was fantastic, even if I had to take them alone...and even if I had to carry the almost six-year-old awkward body down two flights of stairs and all the way to the car parked somewhere way deep in a sea of automobiles.  My little biggest prayed aloud, "With Christ all things are possible..."  because I tell you, I didn't think my arms would make it to the car. (I wrote that line and a vision of Jesus carrying a cross burned across my brain. I'm such a wimp!)


We made it home. We sang all the way, while five-year-old slept soundly. I love the way my daughter thanked me for taking her to the concert, hugging me tight at the waist. I love the way she wants to talk to daddy about sponsoring another child through  http://www.compassion.com/    becaue there are four kids in our family, so we need to sponsor two more so they each "have their own."  I like how her mind works.  I do.  She has a heart for Jesus.  Some days it shines a little brighter than others, just like mine. Just like yours.  Our Lenten season is off to a wonderful start.  I'll let you know how that dinner conversation goes tomorrow night.  Maybe instead of movie night we'll be gathered around the computer searching for wo more kids to bring into our blessed little nest.


I know these pictures aren't great.  Unfortunately when we were grooving to the beats and waving arms in the air and screaming and clapping--Iwas too preoccupied to pull out my little phone camera.  Then I remembered I needed to document this in http://beckyhiggins.ziblio.com/  Project Life so I snapped a few shots.  Which one should make the book? Blessings & Thanks. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!