Thursday, March 10, 2011

March 10, 2011

Bubs is helping to make the transition to toddler bed easier.


Yesterday was Ash Wednesday.  I pulled the kids out early and went to a service at church.  The baby decided to use her squealing voice while we were there, which meant I was in the back and the kids sat in the front with Grandma.  Thank God for Grandma! While I was in the back looking at a sea of heads, I began to pray.  I prayed that  this Lenten season I might be able to let go of the day to day bumps in the road that sometimes irritate or annoy me.  I'm not talking about the ones that are a minor inconvenience due to unforseen circumstances--I mean the ones that trip me up because they are about people.  People God tells me to love in spite of their flaws or our differences. 

We are all born different.  There is beauty in our differences and this season I am going to really try to look for that beauty in a person, especially when it feels difficult to do so.  It is so much easier to be full of my judgements and to unleash them all on a trusted, listening ear--but the reality is, this is wrong.  We are told to, "love one another, as I have loved you."  How is it that loving others sometimes can be so excruciating? Jesus journeyed 40 days in a desert, and I begin this Lenten journey in my quaint neighborhood, surrounded by my family and friends with blessing upon blessing.  The least I can do is try to love in the way He teaches me to.  I do not want my soul to slumber this season.  I want to be alive and full of energy, life, and love to share with all the world. Blessings to you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!