Saturday, June 18, 2011

June 18, 2011

Last Sunday, early evening, we put on our spontaneous shoes and headed out.
We have XM radio in the car now and decided to go on a drive and test out the 220 stations.
Besides, we were a little bored. 
We had only left the house that morning for church and had been stuck organizing the area under the stairs.
When we left we weren't quite sure where we were heading.
That is the first time that has happened since we've had the baby.
Eighteen months ago. Yikes!
Ten minutes in we decided on the beach.
The beach has always held a special place in my heart.
Growing up I don't remember too many visits to our local beaches; however,
what I do remember are our car drives along the coast headed to our camping destinations.
I loved the beach scenery. . .so much so that I found a kindred spirit in college who loved it as much as I did.
Often times we would head out there late in the evening just to listen to the crash of the waves and smell that ocean air.  We would listen to her tape deck and talk and dream and talk.
Those were the good old days. . .

These days my adventures include this beautiful family of mine.
So the beach it was and we got there just in time to stand on the shore to watch the sunset.
Beautiful: spontaneity at its best!


Such a beautiful view, such a soothing sound. Heaven on earth.
The tide was coming in and the waves were crashing harder.
Guess who somehow got soaked?  Yes, Bubba.  Correct.
 She had only been to the beach once before with her Godparents.
She babbled a mile a minute.
I think she will love it as much as I do.  Moms can just sense these things, I think.
I believe it was right after this shot that the baby was walking on her own and Ernie had the camera around his neck.
A huge wave rushed toward us and as Ernie reached down for the baby the camera almost went in.
For a second he struggled and we were all laughing and wet--except the camera and the baby because daddy is good like that!


The night ended with the kid's first trip to Sonic.
Our food was skated out to us and we splurged on dessert.
This was a great start to the kid's summer vacation!
Lene said she would remember this day forever...we sure hope so!








1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!