Friday, August 19, 2011

August 19, 2011

Today is their last day of summer.
I love that despite the quarrels and yelling from time to time. . .
there are still moments of pure bliss.
The eight-year-old plays house with her one-year-old sister.

They played for almost an hour.
A combination of house/restaurant.
I listened intently from the kitchen as I cooked dinner with a smile stuck on my face.
Then sometimes they get a little creative. . .
and while I might have been upset with the clean up in the past--
on this day I vowed to myself to enjoy it.
Who cares that we had company?
They put on quite the performance!

OvercomingBusy.com

3 comments:

  1. Looks like they had sooo much fun! I love it when our kids get along and play and be creative together. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh goodness - I can't tell you how many times my boys turn "lets go" into "what on earth are you doing" moments and we eventually have to just enjoy those moments rather than push to get our own agenda done ! LOVE IT !

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a blast!! Love the costumes!
    Becca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!