Wednesday, September 21, 2011

September 21, 2011


Life is a song - sing it.
Life is a game - play it.
Life is a challenge - meet it.
Life is a dream - realize it.
Life is a sacrifice - offer it.
Life is love - enjoy it.
                                                           - Sai Baba

At work Monday,
something personal happened that rocked me to my core.
It made me remember an Oprah episode about that "feeling" and following your gut.
It reminded me that I need to care more about my own personal safety and space than
whether or not I offend someone else.
I matter.
Today's postcard above in my inbox is my reminder to myself that:
things happen.
But with God, "Even when I walk through the darkest valley I will not be afraid for He is close beside me."
I will go back to that classroom and I will encourage and touch lives because that's what I do...
for now.
I've wondered often over the past couple months if this is still my calling.
Or am I being called to be at home with the baby--enjoying all those things that I was unable to enjoy with the bigger kids?
I only work part time--but it's challenging work; hard work; work that you carry around with you because you care about the future of these kids you are working with.
I don't know--my prayer this school year is that His voice be clear.
I pray that my ears are open to receive whatever it is He is needing to say.
For now, I will jump back in the saddle soon.
It's what we do when we care.
and I do care...about my own and those I work with.


2 comments:

  1. Ugh that picture just made me tear up... I miss that little face so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So often my ears are closed to his voice because I am only in tune to my own. Precious and beautiful children you have. Visiting from WLW.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!