Saturday, March 17, 2012

March 17, 2012


I just returned from two days of beautiful weather and was greeted by this rainstorm!! It was so nice in fact, I had to purchase sandals to make the weather and walking a little easier on my feet! It is hard to come from flip flops and short sleeves to this!  I spent some time in Palm Springs with my new job share partner for next year.  Since she currently works with the language learners using ipods, we were lucky enough to go to the Palm Springs Convention Center for a huge technology conference. . . it did not disappoint!

My head is swimming through the sea of information presented.  I need to take simple steps to get things down on paper (the planning phase) and then practice, practice, practice.  Technology moves so quickly and as great a resource as it can be in the classroom, it can also be discouraging when one does not know where to begin!! I'm hopeful the use of this technology in the classroom will help my one day a week of teaching really come alive! 

Besides what I learned, I was also blessed to spend time with my new partner, who is going to be a great fit--I can just tell!! I am so excited to work closely together in our little team to move these kids far.  We had a couple days to really get to know each other without the pressures of school or home.  We were able to brainstorm and dream big and excite and encourage each other.  It was definitely a trip I am so happy I was able to take.

 Everything about this gift God has given feels right and I will remember to give thanks and praise for His good works.  This did not happen by accident. . .His plans for me are perfect and I am so glad I am learning to put it in His hands and let it go!!!

3 comments:

  1. This is really weird, but I think I had no idea you lived in California and actually not too far from me. All this time we've talked about teaching I didn't know we were in the same state system. How can I be so clueless? Lol! I'm glad you had a good time in Palm Springs and got to get to know your partner a bit. I have a meeting on Tuesday to talk about sharing a contract. Pray for me please! I need to get a primary grade and find a partner for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! I am so glad to hear that things are going well! I loved that first picture. Those mountains are GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were at the CUE Conference? Fun! I had some colleagues who were there also! Glad it went well & that you and your teaching team got to bond!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!