Tuesday, March 6, 2012

March 6, 2012

Why is it in my child's worst moments I see myself?  Frown. Cringe.
How did that happen when I work so hard to teach them to shine God's light, to love one another, to treat others as they want to be treated?
Thank God, your grace and mercy are found new each day.
Because I need that gift, especially today. As does she. 
Who knew that this gift called parenting would find me knees on floor in front of little beds in fervent prayer?
Who knew the ache of disappointment when a child disobeys?
Who knew the hot tears that would freely fall in steaming shower out of sheer frustration, or maybe it's just fatigue?
Parenting is not for the weak.  Through Him, I can count on His strength because there is no way I could do this alone.

I had no intent on writing this morning, but God had other plans.
First in Ephesians 4: 22-32 I read, "so forget about your old self that was being destroyed by its deceitful desires.  Your hearts and minds must be made completely new, and you must put on the new self, which is created in God's likeness and reveals itself in the true life that is upright and holy. . . If you become angry, do not let your anger lead you into sin, and do not stay angry all day.  Don't give the devil a chance. . .Do not use harmful words, only helpful words, the kind that build up and provide what is needed so that what you say will do good to those who hear you. . .Get rid of all bitterness, passion, and anger. No more shouting or insults, no more hateful feelings of any sort. Instead be kind and tender-hearted to one another, and forgive one another, as God has forgiven you through Christ."

Take a minute to let the beauty of those words sink in. It took me a few. . .
 

And before I began to formulate an e-mail to send out to my Good Morning Girls, I noticed a new entry on their blog--and it spoke to me as well:  "We all need start-overs and new beginnings, and His loving kindness never ends. He always provides a chance for us to bloom again."

As usual, God found a way to get my attention this morning.  He found a way to gift me His loving presence, His gentle wisdom and wrap me in His outstretched arms before my real day with the little ones has begun.

So today, we bloom again.  Thank you God for do-overs!
Coincidentally (or not), my favorite tree is starting to bloom again. My favorite time of the year!

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and I love it! Hugs, Bobbi Jo from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that passage from Ephesians 4 - so needed to read it this morning (and every morning).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!