Thursday, March 24, 2011

March 24, 2011


It was assembly time. I know recognition is important to keep our kids motivated and achieving. Really, I do.  However, as I sat waiting for her name to be called (not knowing what type of awards she would receive), I realized the type of award I would love to see would acknowledge her acts of service, loving heart, or commitment to the Lord. I don't think they pass those out in public school.  Maybe we will make our own and have a special awards assembly this summer. . .while achievement is important, I'm more concerned with the nature of my children's hearts.  And some days, they give me cause to worry:  their bickering, lying, or on two occassions now--my son taking things that don't belong to him.  Sigh.  Awards. Summer. Summer.  Summer.  I'll settle for Spring Break, right about now and will enjoy every minute of  it!!  I'll also smile wide because summer won't be far behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!