Wednesday, March 30, 2011

March 30, 2011

Today I was in need of great distraction.  Only God could have provided it . .with a visit from two of our favorite people--my Nina and her grandson. The kids ventured into the backyard and decided to have a little Easter egg hunt.  All was well for a little while, until the 5-year-old got sensitive about something and he ran inside. His sister and little friend were close behind.

I even made the comment to my Nina, "Look, they're all playing together now."  Even though the door was shut, I just knew they were getting along.  I mean, there wasn't any yelling.  Then I got distracted by this sight:
Someone left the bathroom door open and she decided to bring out rolls of toilet paper and use them as blocks.  At least this week we HAVE toilet paper.  That's so a last week's blog it's not even important anymore.  As I was getting pictures of the baby, a separate conversation is going on and I'm only hearing tidbits of it.

Bubs is moving out.  He is leaving and walking to grandma's.  At least he had a plan in place--I should be proud. Then I came to understand where exactly his plan came from as he rifled through the refrigerator and I saw him pull out grapes and bottles of water. There was a voice from the bathroom saying, "I packed your toothbrush and toothpaste.  Don't forget to brush and floss every day."  Did I mention she was also holding his blanket and gave him her purple luggage to use?  Seriously--how do you not laugh out loud in this scenario?

Especially when last week, heck even yesterday, all was well in the world of
siblings. . . aw, life.  Fortunately, I don't have any pictures of the runaway per se because thankfully he decided to grace us with his presence in this home a little bit longer, but I did capture all the stuff he thought he would be taking with him.  Ha!
 As a side note--while all of the above events were wonderfully distracting, I am raw with emotion about an accident I witnessed this morning on my way to work.  Two students were hit by a car and had to be flown to USC.  The boy had two broken legs and has had surgery; however the girl has trauma to her brain, is in critical condition and is in need of surgery.  I feel like I saw it, but it really didn't happen--couldn't have happened.

I can't even write about it at this point but please keep them in prayer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!