Monday, April 25, 2011

April 25, 2011

On our way to church Easter morning.

This year we hosted Easter dinner at our house.  It was a smaller gather than usual and very low key, but I would have to say it will be one I will always remember.  My mom made the ham, sister-in-law made the baked beans and I made the salad, homemade scalloped potatoes and a dessert.  Ernie got the yards ready and I was fortunate that he kept asking what I needed done in the house.  Not having to do it all made everything so much more enjoyable and less stressed! Grandma filled about fifty eggs for the kids to find and we divvied them up to hide and everyone came out to watch them hunt and find. . .then they opened their eggs and counted their change and prizes.





Ernie led us in prayer before we ate.  Some of us ate out on the new patio--but we had to have a mini-heater going because the Southern California day was not on the warm spectrum, unfortunately.  Others ate in the house and we visited and relaxed. My kind of holiday, I tell ya!


Someone (Nina) was missing this year, and we felt it. . .but although out of sight, she is never out of mind.  Baby girl pointed to her Nina and gave her kisses as she went through the basket put together with lots of love while she was still in California.  Love you, Bee--Missed you! Thank you for the thoughtful basket for the baby!



Did I mention that I never had a family picture taken of us?  I don't feel so bad about it though because Little was missing--and our family is just not complete without him. This was the first time both girls wore matching church dresses and Easter dinner dresses. . .that was not the norm for me but kind of fun, I must admit! Today was about the hope that God offers me. The grace He bestows upon me.  The blessings that He showers upon me. . .Hope your Easter was as blessed as mine was!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!