Saturday, May 14, 2011

May 14, 2011

This kid could run laps around me--he proved that today at their run walk-a-thon.

He passed on the popsicle for fear it might slow him down.  
He dutifully drenched himself in water every now and then to cool off.
He lost his card that was pinned on his back and I was surprised at his determination to find it. 
He went up to parent helpers, retraced his steps, and eventually it was recovered.
I always thought he was a little on the shy side, but watching him I realized--not so much.
My little man is almost done with his kindergarten year.
I remember his first day like it was yesterday.  As he was wished well that first morning he complained,
"I'll go. . .but I'm not gonna like it."
You would never know by looking at his face today.
My son,
My future running buddy--
I love you so!

1 comment:

  1. He certainly can pour on the speed...it's fun to watch him in the mornings, outrunning the girls that chase him around the schoolyard while waiting for the bell to ring ...before you know it he'll be all grown up and he'll be the one chasing the girls!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!