Monday, June 27, 2011

June 27, 2011

All last week the kids were a part of a phenomenal Christian based theater camp. I expected Lene to want to go. . .Bubba surprised me with his request. I guess being center stage as a crocodile gave him the confidence he needed to try something other than football! They went daily from nine to twelve. Their teacher wrote the script and music, kids rehearsed and performed at the barbecue Friday evening.

In addition to watching the show, there was a great slideshow that included various pictures of all the kids during different activities they took part in over the course of the week.
It brought joy to my heart to see so many kids gathered in His name using and sharing their God-given talents.
The "Beach Bash" was a cute production in which the kids learned to play together and include everyone in their fun times. The props were great!  The make-up simple and adorable.
The kids radiated with excitement for what they were doing on that stage.
I had a little trouble manning the video camera and my Canon with the new close up lens--I couldn't get a wide shot of the stage to save my life.  With a ready for bed nineteen month on daddy's lap next to me--we are lucky we have what we have.
The boy on the left was so funny to watch.  He kept inching towards the microphone until he was right in front of it.  Forget being shy--he was into his role and sharing his songs for the whole audience to hear.  We got such a kick out of watching him!  Our oldest. . .she loves being on a stage.  She told me recently, "I don't need to be the star. I just want to have fun!"  I love that about her--she realizes that everyone's part is important no matter how big or small it is.  She was a cute mermaid on the stage and she even shared a dance move proudly--jazz shoes and all.  I knew those two years would come in handy!  Ha--

This was the best investment this summer--a group of 75 volunteers and a ton of kids coming together to glorify God and grow together in Christ.  I'm so happy I saw the big banner on the way home from a birthday party a couple weeks ago--this is a week I'm sure they will remember!!  Summer Camp.  Blissful.

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!