Saturday, November 19, 2011

November 19, 2011

I had an interesting experience this week. . .we gathered at a friend's house to pray.
That isn't the interesting part; although, that is not something I do on a regular basis.
Don't get me wrong, I pray--a lot.
So much in fact that I have a little journal now to jot down prayer requests so that when I say I will pray for someone--I remember to do so...time and time again.
However, the interesting experience was that I was asked to lead these girls in prayer.
Me?
Yes, Me.
How does one say no to a request like that?
I said, "of course, with a little help from my friends"..and a little winking face in the text message.
Then at dinner, I worried aloud to my husband.
Would I have the right words to say?
What if I still wasn't crystal clear as to what her specific prayer request was?
I had asked only the day before, but I've been in worrisome situations before...
most recently my son's cancer scare and my work ordeal,
and I know that my prayers changed daily...even hourly sometimes.
So what if I missed the mark here?
What if I didn't have the words to help my friend's troubled heart?
My husband uttered a prayer at the dinner table for me to speak God's gentle voice into her soul.
Short and simple.
Just what I needed to hear.
Then it dawned on me: Matthew 18:20 (only the chapter and verse number I was oblivious to. )
(Keeping it real).
His words are what I recalled:
 20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

Thank you, Jesus.  You have this!
You always do--All the time.
And with that I drove off into the sunset to gather and pray for my friend's special intention.
He gave me the words.
All I had to do was show up.
God's good like that, isn't He?

When's the last time He revealed himself so clearly to you?
Haven't noticed?
Look a little harder and you will see.
His promises are real.
19.  Today I am thankful that my friend's test results came back fine. Praise be to God!
Fabulous Friends!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!