Thursday, January 12, 2012

January 12, 2012

My little man came home in such a good mood yesterday and I'm not sure what happened but a half an hour in, he was angry and mad at the world.
It was a nice day so we were outside having some ice cream in the back yard just chatting away and BAM!
His attitude changed and he was mad about nothing. 
Then something. 
Until it was EVERYTHING!
So thanks to the Gentleness Challenge and a book I've been perusing, Playful Parenting. . .
I was able to not get lost in my own frustration, anger, or bad attitude
(with some deep breaths, quick thinking, and prayers for patience--not gonna lie)
Instead, I redirected his attention and we just had to read Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.
It was the perfect cure!
We giggled a lot, and I was pleasantly surprised with the result: 
a happier little man and a thankful mama!

 "Go on. Go to God." JF

3 comments:

  1. Thank you both...wish I could say yesterday I was as gentle--it all caught up with me!! Today is a new day--working on it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!