Monday, January 23, 2012

January 23, 2012

Due to the good nature of Friday's meeting with HR,
My husband and I decided that a written budget was  the next item on the agenda.
When we are on--we are really on: like pay off an RV and truck in the same year on.
However, after such great feats we got a little lazy. . .and although we still have the no credit card approach--our spending needs to be reined in since I am going to be working less. . .or not at all next year.

So, Sunday we decided there's no perfect time like the present.
I pay the bills and attack debt with a vengeance; however, that whole budget spreadsheet thing boggles my mind. So we started on paper and then he moved to the computer.
 I was so happy to have him in charge!
While we worked, the kids created a restaurant.

How did they know there's going to be a little more eating at home?
I could get used to this treatment though. . .ambiance and all!
The day ended with week three of the New Year's Resolution: bike ride.

Although a bike is in my near future--I don't have it yet so I followed in the car for awhile and did our grocery shopping instead.
They ended up riding all the way to Grandma and Grandpa's house where I came with the truck to pick them up.
We watched some disappointing football (sorry if you're a Giants fan) and Grandma invited us for her barbecued burgers.
We never say no to her barbecue!!
Had some skunk action in the back yard with lots of screams, water, and two skunks fleeing the premises. Fun times!

Budget in place, tummy's full, Super Bowl looming.
Just another great weekend to be grateful for!!
How was yours?

"Go on. Go to God. . ." JF
 

3 comments:

  1. I'm soooooo glad your meeting with HR went well. When/how do you decide if you'll just cut back or if you'll not work at all? I'm still right there with you. I'm off now until April 27th and then I have to make the biiiiiig decision. I guess a written budget is in our future too, huh?! Maybe I can take a lesson from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look among friends for a ten (two days a month) or twenty percent (one day/week) job share. this will mean a move probably to the lower levels if I find someone--but I'm ready. I seem to average five years/level. . .with experience at all three, I guess it could be time to go back to primary: ) If I don't find anything--then. . .I'll take some time off. What exactly is your biiiig decision? Would you have to return before this year is up? Praying hard for you!! I am hoping to meet a teacher friend for coffee on Friday--she left the high school about seven years ago and just started back as an instructional aide in the district her kids go...I want to see what that feels like. I'm hopeful if I leave permanently, His plan for me will be revealed eventually--you too: ) I'm sure of it!! As for a budget?? Love Dave Ramsey--do you ever listen to him????

      Delete
    2. I'd love to do a job share. Maybe I need to move where you are. :) My biiiig decision is whether to go back to work or just quit completely. If I did quit completely I'd have to find something else to do and as we all know, that's not easy right now. I also just really have no idea what else I'd like to do. Everything I look into requires sooooo much more schooling. Let me know what your friend says on Friday. I'm very curious. I have heard a lot about Dave Ramsey, but haven't listened to him. Praying for you too!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!