Saturday, April 16, 2011

April 16, 2011

We were spontaneous and traveled to these parts. . .We had never been.
It's all he really wanted for his birthday (which happens to be Monday) and since Dad had the day off and I was on Spring Break--we figured, why not? 
We did some sight seeing. We rode some rides--
We finished our trip with a visit to the aquarium.
and then had dinner down the street at Carl Strauss.  I love that this birthday boy was so willing to share his dessert with the rest of us!  I have so many great pictures of all the incredible structures we saw today--but they are on the big camera and it's 9 pm  and I'm too tired to download those--so my phone camera is going to have to do.  Maybe I'll post more photots tommorow after I work my hours at the family festival. . .and after the biggest performs. . .and then there's a birthday party they really want to attend....so then again, maybe not.  

I must say today I really enjoyed everything about the day.  Maybe because it was a first for all of us, that their excitement and pure joy was contagious...or maybe it's because I'm in a different place. I know that all I can count on is today. This moment is all any of us is promised, and my husband has been so busy with work lately, that everything about the past couple days has felt like the biggest gift.  Such an unexpected blessing of free time--utterly enjoyed and appreciated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!