Wednesday, May 11, 2011

May 11, 2011

We're spending this week out on the greens.
The kids have a week of golfing lessons. 
What I have enjoyed is watching my kids try something new.
I love watching their joy when they get the ball in the hole--even if it took ten hits to get there. 
I'm amazed that they don't complain as they are hauling their clubs up the hilly terrain.
I love their persistence.  
I love their patience.
I love their enthusiasm.

I love that as I watch them, 
I am reminded of a lesson that relates to my parenting and homemaking skills.
Be persistent.
Be patient.
Be enthusiastic. 

Day in and day out--even when I fail and when I'm tired;
 especially when I don't want to do the task at hand.
Be persistent.
Be patient.
Be enthusiastic.
Find the joy in doing the job and in serving my family.
 I am alive, healthy and able bodied.
I have been given this gift: parenting.
I am truly blessed. 

Who knew golf lessons would be so enlightening--for me?!

Raising Homemakers

1 comment:

  1. I was so happy to see your comments today, and in briefly perusing your blog, we do have so much in common! I love these 3 alliterated phrases too, and I am realizing that only in God as my source can I be this type of mom. But it does come down to a daily or even momment by choice. Choose to think positively, persevere and persist, and patience will follow. It's all a matter of perspective isn't it! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!