Saturday, June 25, 2011

June 25, 2011

And then there are these monkeys @ my old stomping grounds. Joyful!

This climbing apparatus feels like my life this week.
My husband has been transferred two hours from home.
We knew this day would come.
We've been blessed to have him home for over two years now.
He was able to be there for us while I was pregnant.
He has been able to be a part of the kid's daily lives for longer than we could have asked for.
It's very odd that in his apprenticeship program that he would be anywhere longer than a year.
Now is where my gentleness comes into play.
What words will build him up?
What words will soothe his worried thoughts?
How can I be gentle with our children while my thoughts rush ahead?
Will my gentle spirit catch up with my cluttered mind and put it at ease?
So, although I don't know what things will look like. . .
Our summer won't go exactly as planned. . .
We'll miss each other like crazy on those days he can't come home. . .
I hang onto the gratitude that fills my heart for those days he has been home,
the nights he has tucked our babies in,
the park days he has been a part of after work,
and I smile knowing we have been blessed immensely.

Update:  He has two weeks off and starts the new job on the 11th. . .only an hour and a half from home now!
Still don't know the details of our daily life and its effect. . .
but blessed .
Always blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!