Sunday, July 17, 2011

July 17, 2011

Something was said at dinner Friday night that got me thinking.
We were celebrating Little, who passed his driving test, which means he is now a licensed driver!!
Incredible he is that old already!
Anyways,
Ernie mentioned something about Bubs being in our bed again when he woke up for work that morning.
He was, and I realized he had been almost nightly for all the days I could remember, except when we were in the RV on vacation.
We've never struggled with him climbing into bed with us in the middle of the night before.
Never.
Then it dawned on me that one of my goals this summer was to get him sleeping in his own room.
Bedtime would be easier if all three kids were NOT in one room. . .
that is a true statement.
I have proof.
However, maybe my Bubs isn't quite himself these days because he's not getting enough sleep.
First, he is going to bed later--up several times for one thing or another, water, bathroom, he's scared. . .
Second, his sleep is interrupted if he's waking up and treking up the stairs to climb in bed with us.
Third, if we do put him back in his bed or tell him to go there, he's quite awake and upset because he doesn't want to be there alone.
Having his room downstairs when we are all upstairs is one of the downfalls of having a small home.
I love this place; we have made it ours and I would love to stay here forever despite its size. . .
but all the bedrooms on the same floor would be awesome!
So, in an effort to try and figure out why my son has not been his naturally, lovely self. . .
we have moved him back upstairs to see if it makes a difference.

I'll tell you this: he hasn't crawled into our rooms the last two nights--first time in a LONG time.
Maybe he just feels more secure where we all are.  I know I would. 
Why do I expect it to be different with a  six-year-old?
Guess what else?
He hasn't seemed to be so moody. . .so disobedient on the small things.
Could this be what was wrong all along?
There will come a day where either his oldest sister wants this arrangement to stop or he is ready for it to stop on his own.
I think I'll just wait for that and in the meantime pray this will improve his behavior in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!