Tuesday, October 25, 2011

October 25, 2011

Yesterday afternoon the girls and I traveled to our church to pick up my son from his class.
I pulled into a spot right in the front and was going to run in to sign him out.
I told my 8-year-old,  "I'll be right back."

Keep in mind that the car would be in my eyesight.
It was still light out.  It was not hot outside.
It actually had rained.

Her eyes practically bugged out of her head.  "No!"
Her scream was piercing.
"Mom," she gasped. . ."I'm gonna have a heart attack like when grandpa wanted me to stay in the car at the store!."
My eyebrows arch with alarm. 
I look curiously at her as I hop out of the car.
"You're going to have a heart attack?" I ask incredulously.
For a second I thought she was going to respond with that same passionate anxiousness.
Instead, her eyebrows rise and she looks perplexed and then amused.
"Not literally, mom."
"It's an idiom."

I let her come with me.
I laughed the entire way.
There's a reason she loves the stage...

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHA.
    Oh that is funny.
    I was a little worried someone had a heart attack at first.
    Glad that is not the case! :)
    ps- i will do a vlog on my kids hair soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A drama queen she certainly can be.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does she get that from you? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!