Thursday, October 6, 2011

October 6, 2011

While technically I'm still in a place of great mess. . .
(the floor downstairs is being replaced which means things are everywhere;
my emotions are still all over the place and just when I think I'll have some answers or closure...
meetings get postponed for another day so sleep will be restless and stomach is in knots...again)

I'm enjoying a visit with my old friend, overstuffed chair, who used to sit in my bedroom and has since moved to mom and dad's front room.
I'm on the laptop, covered with a blanket and lounging.
The baby is napping in the playroom...
My son is playing Super Mario Brothers on the wii
and my daughter is at the vet with grandma, the "Dog Rescuer."

A shortened day at school for the kids, 
mixed with the rainy fall weather and my inability to go home due to the work--
is a blessing.
A day that was supposed to give me answers--but didn't doesn't feel as bad because I'm here.
The place I grew up, my home for eighteen years--with the comfort of pieces from my current home and my kids whom I love dearly.

I could look at today as a big disappointment.
But I won't.
Because it isn't.
He never disappoints.
Does He?

2 comments:

  1. no He doesn't friend :) love that! praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!