Wednesday, February 15, 2012

February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day came and went. . .but not without a lot of preparation of showing our love! Ernie knows roses are not my thing--but sunflowers bring sunshine to our world and I love them!

I spent some time creating the perfect little place mats--just like my mom used to make before her Valentine's party hit the ginormous size.  I prepared the same meal she used to as well: lasagna.  Everything about this year reminded me of all those years my mom spoke her love into our souls with our quaint, home made family Valentine's dinner. Her legacy--lives on in the traditions I create for my children. Cool, huh?
The kids did the baking, frosting and decorating to pass out to family and friends.  I'm still finding pretty, pink, sprinkles all over the floor.  But so worth it!
Lene and I both received cards in the mail.  My BFF was on it this year!  The cards were adorable and represent to me what Valentine's is all about:  taking the time, using your resources, to reach out to those you love.  Anjalene and I were both squealing like school girls when these showed up in our mailbox.  Hopeful we get to deliver ours to them on Thursday. . .
One gift accompanied their meal. Simple yet appreciated and meaningful.  I love when things work out that way!


I had to pull out my shirt and wear it just for him.  The one who called me and asked if his sweetheart wanted any sweet tea before he came home from work.  Smiling.  I'm a blessed woman.  Creating a culture of unconditional love in this house is what I'm after.  Days like yesterday make it so easy.  The memory of these days should carry me through the bad days.  Always.  Be vigilant--take it all in.   
"The days are long but the years are short. . . "

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!