Wednesday, March 14, 2012

March 14, 2011

Something I NEVER thought I'd hear myself say:

"Get back in the closet and go to sleep!"
If you know me, you know I love our house.  I've been here a long time and as much as we may think we need more space at times--this is home.  The upstairs has bedrooms that are huge compared to today's standard homes. . .there is plenty of room for all three of my munchkins to sleep in the same room.

The almost seven-year-old doesn't want to sleep downstairs in his room.   I get it, trust me I do. He's alone down there.  I'm not okay with that, it's just what it is.  I know one day the kids will fight over who the lucky one to get that quiet space will be. . .it's just not now.  So, we make do with what we have.

Recently the girls got new beds--these don't have trundles underneath so they aren't as bulky.  We didn't realize how the lack of a trundle would effect Bubba, so. . .Grandma has a cot they can sleep on when they spend the night.  The cot is now in the closet (it's that big of a space...promise).  Jonathan chooses to sleep here nightly.  Sometimes he might wander for water, a trip to the bathroom, or our room to show us something he read in one of the many books he surrounds himself with and I hear myself say,
"Bubs, get back in the closet.  It's bedtime."
 Just cracks me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!