Monday, March 12, 2012

March 12, 2012

Apparently, there will be a little more of this. . .
this. . .
and this. . .
in our future.

It seems when I finally put God's will for my life back in His hands, where it belonged. . .
He opened doors and prepared the way for a further REDUCED CONTRACT for me!  I will be working twenty percent next year which equates to Mondays!  I am super excited to move down to the sixth grade level and teach Social Studies. . .I will be able to use my Language Arts background to help kids become better readers of informational texts. It's a win/win for all!

I was reminded yet again of Jeremiah 29. . .11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 

It has been a constant seeking to please and follow Him that has led me to where I am today.  I have felt this tugging at my heart to change course, to enjoy this precious time with the baby--who is now a full grown toddler of twenty-seven months, to have faith that His plans for me are so much grander than my own.  And now I sit in awe of this gift He has given, this change that is on my horizon, this time I will never get back and I am filled with immense gratitude.  And I can honestly say that no matter how this turned out--whether I needed to walk away completely from teaching, or this, I would have been thankful. . . for every day is a gift. This, I know for sure.

Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.--1Thessalonians 5:18



3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Praise God!!!! I know you'll LOVE the new schedule... your family will too. I'm just so happy for you right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! Thank God for this wonderful blessing! I just emailed my district about a shared contract for next year. We shall see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this news, friend! god is so good!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!