Monday, July 11, 2011

July 11, 2011


Our weekend was jam packed with birthday celebrations.
More on that later.
Yesterday, on our daughter's eighth birthday we took her and her "cousin" to the theater to see Cinderella.
She and her "cousin" are really not blood related, but we consider them family.
My best friend and I have been friends for twenty-three years, I think.
Our first born daughters were born a day apart.
How's that for close?
We had the same ob/gyn and I was released over the phone so I could rush to the hospital to see her when her daughter was born.  
Her family had all been camping and I didn't want her to be alone.
Besides she had been there the day before for me!!
I got there minutes after she delivered, and low and behold her family made it too.
In fact, no one knew I had already had my baby because they had been gone all week and I was actually due after her.
That made for some funny moments in the hospital.
Anyways,
My daughter LOVES the theater so as birthday gifts to the girls we headed off.
We had a great time. 
I think I love this age. . .as long as there is no attitude or eye rolling, which today, thankfully, there were neither.
It was just one of those days I'll file away in my memory bank.
Eight years ago I just became a mama and the days have passed in a blur.
blessed and beautiful my life has become since I've become a mom.
May all your wishes always come true!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear what you have to say: ) May blessings abound always!!